By Simon Thomas, HFG Lead Executive Board Member Analyst
For the past 228 years at Bowdoin College, the institution has been without any notable finance-focused organizations. We at the Harpoon are seeking to change that, with the creation of the Harpoon Financial Group. The HFG Weekly will provide students with the finest financial content on campus (Except for during non-leap years, when the Weekly will be published once per year). The HFG is deeply committed to the common good; benefiting the campus community by increasing financial literacy, and benefiting me, since I can list my profession as an analyst on LinkedIn.
Below are some hot investing tips compiled by our most senior analysts:
- Pabst Blue Ribbon – Buy
- I mean there’s literally a blue ribbon.
- Polar Investment Club — Sell
- Despite the name, the PIC doesn’t actually invest. Or really seem to do anything. I asked my friend, and he said something about networking. HFG Analysts concluded the whole thing seems like a Student Activities Fund embezzlement scheme.
- Crude Oil – Buy
- This one’s pretty obvious.
- Goldman Sachs – Buy
- I’m deep into internship talks for next summer.
- Bowdoin Orient – Sell
- Despite the financial promise of the print journalism sector, the Orient has been struggling to find readership. It looks like they let pretty much anyone write an opinion article.